23 November 2010

On Board for Fun!

So, I promised a short entry about our cruise adventures, and it has been a few weeks already.  I've finally recovered from the post-vacation semi-depression (what do you mean no chocolate buffets, slot machines or cute, animal-shaped towels at home?!) enough to relive some of my favorite travel memories. Here are a few pictures: 


The Bon Voyage Party on our deck. We weren't even out of port yet.
Cruisers waste no time hitting the pool!

The decor theme on the ship was Classical Artists.
There were so many gorgeous murals and art pieces. It felt so formal and decadent.
I loved this err..chandelier.. inspired by my favorite paintings- Van Gogh's Sunflowers.


The port in Montego Bay.
I'm determined to return to Jamaica for much more than 8 hours!
The island is like a dream, and there is so much to see and do.
 
Dolphin Cove in Ocho Rios. We got to swim and kiss the dolphins!
Unfortunately, they wouldn't allow us to take pictures of them.

This house on Grand Cayman Island has maintained its original
integrity through hundreds of years' worth of Caribbean hurricanes!
I was impressed.

I refused to leave the islands without visiting Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville.
I know. How shamelessly tourist-y of me.




In Cozumel, we visited a Mayan ruins site.
This arch represented the 7 levels of entrance into the Heavens.



Each night, the steward left us a little towel animal. So cute and fun!





I think the most important part of any vacation is good company.
I'm glad I got to share this experience with D.
If I got shipwrecked in Jamaica, I'd want it to be with him.
And a pina colada. I'd never complain.
Unfortunately, we lost one of our cameras in the second port. So you're missing out on our waterfall trek at Dunn's River Falls, playing with the stingrays, and hugging the sea turtles. But, trust me, it was awesome.

I'm so glad we chose Carnival.  It is like no other hospitality company I have ever encountered. Our crew was amazing. Service was phenomenal. The food was to die for! It was an amazing experience. If you've never cruised, I suggest you make plans!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was so much fun! I will definitely have to take a cruise soon! Ya mon!

    ReplyDelete