04 April 2011

News to me: Books

We all know by now that I love a good book. Heck, I even love a decent book. I even find some empathy for a bad one, simply because it tried.

Here are a few things I'm excited about in the world of books:

Illustrator Jillian Tamaki has teamed up with Penguin Books to release a new book series this fall which will feature these lovely embroidered covers. I've always known that I will collect books for my children when I have them, and what a treat these would be.


Shel Silverstein was one of my favorite writers as a kid, and still one of my all-time favorite poets. His poetry collections are the epitome of fun and whimsy with words. The LA Times recently announced that a collection of posthumous poems will be released by HarperCollins this fall.


I have gotten hooked on Good Reads.  It is essentially a social network for nerdy bookworms like yours truly.  You can let friends know what books you are currently reading, review books you've already read, create a to-read list, and exchange suggestions with your friends. When you finish a book, you can also take fun trivia quizzes or list your book in the book swap so you can trade it for something new!
What do you think about the new Penguin Threads Deluxe Classics? Do you put any thought into what your books look like?

Did you grow up on Shel Silverstein? What other books/authors remind you of your childhood? I want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment