14 September 2010

My First Place

I am so EXCITED! I just got the keys to my first real apartment.  "Real" meaning it's all mine, I'm paying for it, and I don't have to share it with anyone else--- which means I get to decorate it just the way I want!

I've been obsessing over design ideas for a while now. I want my place to be a reflection of me and the things I love, while being comfy-cozy, too. I like playing with color, and my apartment is going to be simple, girly and full of whimsy! :)

Here's my inspiration board for the living room. I've already purchased a few pieces, and I'm working on the rest!

Clockwise from Left:
1. Damask Furniture Throw from Anna’s Linens 2.  Suzani Print Curtain Panel from World Market 3.Throw Pillows from World Market and Pier 1 Imports 4. Wooden Trunk from Pier 1 Imports  5. Cute Little Bird Woodburned Wall Art Panel - cherry red by Cabin at Etsy.com 6. Steel Wire Heart by Charest Studios @ Etsy.com 7.Library Stroll Print by memoir @Etsy.com 8. Express Yourself by GabrielleKai @Etsy.com 9.Collage of frames photo courtesy of Apartment Therapy.com Home Tours 10. Tiny Scallop Clock in Poppy by Uncommon @ Etsy.com  11. Table and bookshelf- Big Lots 12. Lovebirds by onceuponapaper @ Etsy.com

I've fallen in love with Etsy.com (in case you couldn't tell). It is a community of artists and artisans who sell mostly handmade, vintage pieces. I love to have things for my place that are original and quirky.  They make for great conversation pieces.

What do you think?  What are your design inspirations? Do you have a story about your first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment